A complex or maybe compound volcano is often a volcano with multiple features. This type of volcano will be the least predictive as it might change the way it erupts or even its consistency. It may have multiple vents with nearly every vent erupting in different ways.Some volcanoes type erupts beneath glaciers while other volcanoes occur below the surface of the ocean. A submarine volcano is one that occurs beneath the surface of a body of water, typically in an ocean. The submarine volcano builds substantially so that it projects during the ocean’s expanse.As a result, it forms an island or possibly small chain relating to islands, such because the Hawaiian Islands.
We have a major series regarding active submarine volcanoes inside the Pacific Ocean referred to as the Ring regarding Fire. Its’ horseshoe-shaped ring reaches roughly 25, 000 miles. It consists over 450 active as well as dormant volcanoes, which represents over 75 percent of the world’s volcanoes. While many people associate dangers and destruction whenever they think of volcanoes, there are some benefits of volcanoes that individuals have learned to be able to capitalize on. Among the chief benefits of your volcano is it’s fertile volcanic land. Rain naturally weathers and fights volcanic tephra, which contains powerful nutrients inside the ash and works to plant expansion.
Lava is the molten rock which has been extruded onto the surface of the earth. Before it reaches the surface, the lava is referred to as Magma. Magma contains unmelted rock, crystals, and dissolved gases, but it is majorly a liquid. Oxygen, aluminum, silica, magnesium, iron, calcium, sodium, potassium. Manganese and titanium are the primary elements found in magma, but other trace elements may exist in small quantities. Lava flows are the least dangers of all the processes in volcanic eruptions. The distance the lava flow travel depends on the silica content flows temperature, slope of the land and extrusion rate. A cold lava flow will not move far distance and neither will one which has a high silica content. Such a flow would have high resistance to flow (high viscosity).A basalt flow that exists like those in Hawaii has low viscosity and low silica contents so they can flow long distances. There is still a lot learn, but here are some interesting facts to satisfy even the most curious.
Interesting Facts about Lava:
- Lava refers both to the resulting rock after cooling and solidification and the molten rock expelled by a volcano during an eruption.
- Approximately 100,000 times as viscous as water, lava can flow large distances before cooling and solidifying because of its shear thinning and thixotropic properties.
- A lava flow is a continuous outpouring of lava that is created during a non-explosive effusive eruption.
- When it has ceased moving, lava solidifies to form igneous rock.
- Explosive eruptions usually produce a mixture of volcanic ash and other fragments known as tephra, rather than lava flows.
- The volcanic rock that form lava flows when it erupts can be categorized into three chemical types; intermediate, felsic, and mafic.
- These classes are majorly chemicals; nevertheless, the chemistry of lava somewhat correlate with the magma temperature, its mode of an eruption and its viscosity.
- Lava tubes are developed when a flow of relative fluid lava that cools on the upper surface abundantly to form a crust.
- The term “lava” was also used when referring to molten “ice mixtures” in eruptions on the icy satellites of the gas giants of Solar System.