Christian Bale is an amazing English actor who talent has won the hearts of many fans around the world. He’s best known for his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman in “The Dark Knight” series. He was born on January 30th, 1974 in Pembrokeshire, Wales. Bale’s mother was a circus dancer, and his father was a former commercial pilot.
He’s one of the four consecutive Oscar winners whose name starts with Chris. They won the best in the Best Supporting Actor category. The other actors are Christopher Plummer and Christoph Waltz (who won twice).
Due to his dedication and sheer hard work, Bale has attained his well-deserved stardom. You need only need to look at various roles he has played -and the sacrifices he makes as well as the efforts he puts in those roles to understand that he’s an actor really loves what he is doing. He takes his career very seriously.
Although Christian is one of the most famous actors today, and perhaps, the best Batman ever, there is still much more unknown facts about him. In this article, we are not going to focus on his acting skills but other aspects of his life that are unknown.
We are going to present to you some interesting facts about Christian Bale. These facts will give insight into Bale’s general lifestyle and character.
- In 2004, Bale dropped 63 pounds while preparing for the role of Trevor Reznik in the film: The Machinist. Brad Anderson, the director of the movie, didn’t ask Christian to shed such a huge amount of weight for the role. However, he was shocked and excited when he saw Christian on the first day of the shoot. Later, Bale revealed that he used to take a can of tuna and an apple per day to achieve lose such amount of weight. He had to take up smoking to curb his appetite when crash dieting. Christian faced several problems since he had lost an extreme amount of weight. In fact, he found it extremely difficult to run since he lacked strong muscles in his legs.
- Bale is an interesting guy. In his first scene with Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman, he was meant to be waking up to find two gentlemen waiting there and join their conversation. On this scene, he applied method acting, and he actually fell asleep after preparing for it. Michael poked his ribs to wake him up.
- Since he played the role very well, it might be difficult to believe that Christian wasn’t the first choice for the role he played in American Psycho. Initially, Leonardo DiCaprio was set to play that role. While some people might argue that Leonardo would’ve done a superb job, Christian did exceptionally well.
- Christian is an actor who always dedicates himself to his roles. For the films Swing Kids and News, he trained martial arts and dance for ten weeks. He wanted to integrate into his role fully. Remember, it’s not what you do what matters, it is how you do it.
- Bale always uses an American accent in all interviews that relates to the film he played an American Character. He revealed that he does this to avoid confusing the audience.
- Christian is an avid motorcyclist. Unfortunately, he has been involved in several accidents. In fact, he had ended up receiving a titanium clavicle, 25 crews for his hand, and a steel plate for his broken wrist. At some point, he also lost the top of his finger, but he later underwent surgery to reattach it.
- Just hours after attending the European premiere of his film, The Dark Knight (2008) in London, the police arrested Bale over verbal assault allegations made by his sister and his mother. The police reviewed the case, and they chose not to charge him.