Harrison Ford is a famous American actor and film producer. Being one of the leading men in the Hollywood, Harrison has had an active and successful career spanning nearly four decades.
He became famous for his starring roles as Han Solo in the original Star Wars epic space opera trilogy. Harrison Ford was born on July 13th, 1942 in Chicago, Illinois. He was brought up in Des Plaines, a suburb of Chicago.
Harrison Ford was born on July 13, 1942, in Chicago, Illinois to Christopher Ford (born John William Ford), an actor-turned advertising executive, and Dorothy (Nidelman), a radio actress.
Harrison attended Maine Township High School he got involved in model train clubs and social sciences. After graduating in 1960, he joined Ripon College in Wisconsin to pursue English and philosophy.
Many films’ fans around the world were captivated by the release of Stars Wars in 1977. When the film hit the big screens, the characters involved built worldwide fame. Everyone was talking about it.
Today, things haven’t changed. The Star Wars trilogies are filled with action and drama, intriguing characters and imaginative storylines that are still fan’s favorites. In this post, we’ve compiled a list of interesting facts you probably didn’t know about Harrison Ford.
- Acting isn’t new to the family of Harrison. Perhaps, he inherited the talent from his parents. His father, Christopher, was a former actor-turned advertising executive and her mother, Dorothy, was a former radio actress. In addition, his younger brother, Terence, is an actor and photographer.
- He isn’t the only film actor called Harrison Ford. He shares the name with a silent actor also named Harrison Ford, who passed on in 1957. To draw a distinction between himself and the late actor, he changed his name to “Harrison J. Ford” in his first film credit, the 1967 film A Time for Killing. Surprisingly, the letter “J” doesn’t stand for anything since Ford has no middle name.
- People know Harrison as an Academy Award-nominated actor, but what many don’t know is that he’s a licensed private pilot of fixed-wing helicopters and aircraft. Ford is a well-known hero in his community since he has helped the authorities in offering emergency helicopter services in his area.
- Harrison is famous for his advocacy on conservation. He is one of the Directors for Conservation International. In fact, two species has been named after him: spider (Calponia Harrisonfordi) and a Central American ant (Peidole Harrisonfordi).
- When he was young, Harrison was an active member of the Boys Scouts of America. He managed to attain the rank of Life Scout. Due to this achievement, director Steven Spielberg chose to make him a Life Scout in the Last Crusade and Indiana Jones.
- Ford’s journey into acting was unplanned. He joined a drama class in his senior year at college with the primary goal of overcoming his shyness. He didn’t really want to become an actor.
- Many wouldn’t believe that someone else would have played Indiana Jones. Yes, that is what almost happened. Initially, the role in Raiders of the Lost Ark was offered to Tom Selleck. Harrison only came in when Tom declined the role.
- Harrison Ford has been married three times. He has five kids and three grandchildren. Currently, he’s married to actress Calista Flockhart. They have been married since 2010, and they have an adopted son, Liam.
- Today, Harrison is a favorite actor to many fans around the world. Did you know that there was a time when he wasn’t well liked? The actor openly talked about how he was bullied at Maine Township High School.