Vin Diesel is a celebrated actor and a filmmaker with an incredible physique and a deep voice. April 2015, he returned to the big screen with the famous Furious 7 as a sequel to the earlier Fast & Furious movies. Vin Diesel has successfully established the excellent reputation as a tough action star. He hasn’t stopped working on the same lines. With his amazing talent, the fans are always fascinated by the roles he has played in different films.
Like most celebrities, very few people know the official name of this actor. Mark Sinclair Vincent, popularly known as Vin Diesel, was born in New York City, US, on July 18th, 1967. He grew up in New York. From an early age, he has always wanted to perform in a theater and the big screen. These days, Vin Diesel is an actor well-known for his amazing stunts in high-energy action movies, such as The Fast and Furious franchise.
Many fans would want to know the origin of the name “Vin Diesel.” It’s believed that the ‘Vin’ is an abbreviation of his last name ‘Vincent,’ whereas ‘Diesel’ is a nickname that his friends gave him.
Vin Diesel was raised by an adoptive father and his caring mother. So, he never got a chance to know his real father. Nonetheless, it didn’t bother him at all. Vin worked very hard to attain the level of fame he enjoys now. He had his share of missed opportunities and regrettable moments while developing as a young, promising actor.
As one of the most famous stars in Hollywood, Vin Diesel is good at keeping specific aspects of his private life well hidden! If you’re a big fan of this actor and you want to know more about his life, here are some interesting facts you probably didn’t know about Vin Diesel.
- In his early life, Vin Diesel worked as a bouncer. As he was still trying to find an opportunity in the filming industry, Vin did some odd jobs to support his career and pay bills. That is why, at one point, he was a bouncer at some hippest clubs in NY. Vin Diesel revealed that he really appreciate that kind of working experience to this day. Through this job, he says that one can learn how to avoid talking excessively and pay close attention to everything that’s going on. This is a pretty cool life advice for any individual.
- Apart from Ben Affleck, Vin Diesel was also offered the Daredevil role. Initially, the role was offered to Vin since the producer believed that it suit him perfectly. So far, no one knows the reason why Vin Diesel rejected the role. Perhaps, he may have been very occupied at that time.
- Vin Diesel is the founder of three successful productions companies. Besides being a successful filmmaker and an actor, he is also the founder of Racetrack Records, One Race Films, and Tigon Studios.
- Vin Diesel and model Paloma Jimenez have three lovely kids. A son Vincent Riley, and the daughters, Hania and Pauline, who was named in the memory of his late friend Paul Walker. The actor hardly talks about his private life. In fact, he has never publicly announced the birth of their children.
- For him to portray Fat Jackie in “Find Me Guilty” (2006), Vin Diesel had to gain 35 pounds before the flaming began. In this movie, the character of Vin Diesel is quite a corpulent guy. Though make-up played a crucial role in the credibility of his character, he went an extra mile to guarantee a successful filming. Vin Diesel receives a lot of praise for his performance. However, the film didn’t do well at the box office.
- Vin Diesel established a video game firm. He has always been a bit of a geek. In 2002, he formed ‘Tigon Studios,’ a video game company which developed games like ‘The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay”. The company now focuses next generation games although the reserve the right to work on any Vin Diesel games.
- In 2007, Vin Diesel was expected to star and produce as Agent 47 in the film adaptation of a popular video game: Hitman. Eventually, he pulled back and became an executive producer of the movie.